When I’m not here, or at school, I keep myself pretty busy with a lot of other things, including writing a healthy snacks column for this amazing wellness website, Tuja Wellness. Founded as Healthy Living Canada in 2009, the company changed the name to Tuja (pronounced 2-ja) just over a year ago and it continues to provide an online guide to the best-of-the-best when it comes to health and wellness across Canada. Just recently, we were even nominated for a Canadian Online Publishing Award. Whoot! Next year we’ll win it!.
I contribute to other writing projects as they come up, but since last summer, I regularly write a column called “Snack Attack” where I help readers prep interesting and healthy snacks for their busy week ahead. You can follow me over there, along with the many other talented writers, photographers, and health and wellness experts, but today I thought I’d bring a little of Tuja to you by sharing my 5 favourite Snack Attack posts since I began writing for them. So without further ado:
1. Double Chocolate Power Cookies Say what?!? Yep, their double chocolate and they’ll power you through that rough afternoon slump. (Gluten-free and vegan)
2. Rosemary Parsnip Fries with Horseradish Dipping SauceYou’ll never look at fries the same way. And that sauce? Cray. (Gluten-free and vegetarian)
3. Pumped Up Seeded CrackersQuite possibly the BEST crackers I’ve ever eaten. They have the word crack in them for a reason. Wait, is that rude? (Gluten-free and vegan)
4. Sriracha-Sesame Roasted GarbanzosA little sweet, a little spicy. Pow! It’s a party in your mouth. Wait, is that also rude? (Gluten-free and vegan)
5. Powerhouse Peanut Butter CupsAll I have to say is, “make these now!” You will not regret it. (Gluten-free and vegetarian–because of the honey, otherwise vegan)