Breakfast has long been my favourite meal of the day. I make a point of eating something special each morning, but the weekends are a perfect time to linger with a little more coffee, warm pancakes or toasty waffles, or experiment with a new omelette concoction. Since Valentine’s Day falls on a weekend this year, the timing couldn’t be better to treat yourself or the one(s) you love to a little bit of homemade love. This post is an ode to glorious breakfast! And breakfast in bed never hurt no one.
How about this crunchy, toasty granola from Ashley Colbourne via Baked-The Blog?
- Toasted Coconut Maple Quinoa Granola_Image Courtesy of Baked The Blog
Two words: Breakfast Tacos! These veggie-centric ones from With Food and Love are totally my jam.
- Shredded Harvest Hash Breakfast Tacos_Image Courtesy of With Food and Love
I’d never turn down The Gouda Life’s warm and fluffy chai waffles, especially since they’re gluten-free.
- Gluten Free Chai + Oat Flour Waffles_Image Courtesy of The Gouda Life
Because a green smoothie is always a good idea, no matter what. This beauty is from The Bojon Gourmet.
- Fall Greens Smoothie w/ Homemade Cashew Almond Milk_Image Courtesy of The Bojon Gourmet
These Baked Apples with Oat Crumble via Moi fit the bill if you’re feeling something sweet. Serve with yogurt and call it breakfast!
I mean, come on! This Bagel Loaf from Top With Cinnamon is utterly gorgeous. Amiright?
- Bagel Bread Loaf_Image Courtesty of Top With Cinnamon
These savoury waffles from What’s Cooking Good Looking are a gorgeous, veg-lovin’ twist on breakfast.
- Parsnip Shallot and Chive Waffles w: Eggplant Salsa Verde_Image Courtesy of What’s Cooking Good Looking
You can snuggle back into bed while these warm cozy cinnamon buns from Laura Wright via Baked-The Blog are baking away.
Vegan Cinnamon Buns with Chocolate + Figs_Image Courtesy of Laura Wright via Baked The Blog
If you want to keep things simple, how about this Healthy Breakfast sammy from the always inspiring, Foodess.
- Healthy Breakfast Sandwich_Image Courtesy of Foodess
This Oatmeal with Amaranth, Coconut, and Maple Sautéed Apples is one my favourite simple breakfasts.
- Everyday Oatmeal w: Amaranth, Coconut and Maple Sautéed Apples_Image Courtesy of 80twenty
If you’re into keeping it lean and clean, this omelette from The Clever Carrot is perfect. Also, jalapeños for breakfast!!
- Egg White Omelette w/ Sprouts + Pickled Jalapenos_Image Courtesy of The Clever Carrot
However you celebrate breakfast on the weekend, or in the coming weeks, I wish you a very loving, joyful, and happy Valentine’s Day! xoKris