Pickled Cauliflower and Carrots
Crunchy and tangy, these pickles are easy to make and pair well with your favourite savoury sandwich.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 week
- Total Time: 1 week
- Yield: 1 quart/4 cups
- Category: Pickles
- Method: Quick pickling
- Cuisine: American
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3-4 carrots, peeled, halved, and cut into thirds
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1½ cups white vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- ½ Tbsp coriander
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp salt
- Place cauliflower, carrots, and garlic in a quart-size mason jar.
- In medium saucepan, combine remaining pickling ingredients and bring to a gentle boil. until salt and sugar dissolve.
- Remove from heat and allow brine to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour just-cooled brine over the vegetables.
- Refrigerate for at least one week before eating (the longer the better!), shaking half way through.
Feel free to sub in any vegetables that you like. Pickling time may vary, but you can taste-test along the way.
Keywords: Vegetables, pickles, cauliflower, carrots, snacks